Assignment – Case On Taxes Overview
Federal prosecutors have charged Texas billionaire, Robert Brockman, with a $2 billion tax fraud scheme in what they sa
Assignment – Case On Taxes
Federal prosecutors have charged Texas billionaire, Robert Brockman, with a $2 billion tax fraud scheme in what they say is the largest such case against an American. Before attempting this assignment, review the case, CEO of Multibillion-Dollar Software Company Indicted for Largest-Ever Tax Evasion as Private Equity CEO Makes NPA to Cooperate in the Case.Instructions
Write a 2–3 page paper about this tax fraud case, in which you:
- Summarize the Robert Brockman tax fraud case.
- Evaluate the issues that led to the tax fraud.
- Analyze a CPA’s culpability in cases of tax fraud by clients, regardless of whether they had knowledge of the fraud.
- Evaluate ways a tax preparer can detect signs of tax fraud in order to prevent future tax fraud.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library, or review library guides.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate a business tax scandal, including income taxes, to determine weaknesses that could lead to future problems.