CCJS Assignment 4 Assignment #4
No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appro
- No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page.
For the purpose of this assignment, imagine that you work for a law enforcement agency that recently acquired an unmanned aerial vehicle, (like the one that is shown in the video below) that will be used to photograph different locations and or assist in investigations where digital evidence may be involved. Because this concept and its use is new to the agency and to the jurisdiction you work in, you have been tasked to explain in writing to the Chief of Police what considerations should be given to the program. Craft your responses in the form of a research paper addressing such issues as the law (4th Amendment), privacy concerns, potential benefits, etc. I included a news broadcast to give you an idea of some of the pros/cons to such programs.
To clarify what is being discussed in this scenario, think about some of the crimes/incidents a drone would be used to assist with. For example, they could assist with an active shooter incident, surveillance of a location known to sell to illegal narcotics, or monitor a large crowd during a demonstration.
- What types of data/information would a drone or unmanned aerial aircraft store?
- What would be the most advantageous way to extract this data that is considered evidence of potential crimes committed in our jurisdiction?
- Would the media/general public have access to evidence obtained from a drone, such as camera footage, why or why not?
- Explain in detail why illegally obtained data (data obtained without proper legal process/warrant) created by the drone would be a liability to the city and to the police department.
- must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased.