D1W5 Cohesive response consisting of 3-4 paragraphs based on your analysis …See attachment for detailed instructions
Discussion 1: Reflection and Shared Practice
E-mail is generally a highly effective communication medium. It is an essential way for organizations to function that also enables virtual teams, teleworking, and various other mechanisms for collaboration. However, e-mail exposes leaders and managers to several potential challenges. A known deficiency with any written communication is the lack of nonverbal, social cues. Weakened interpersonal bonds may lead to greater misunderstanding, lower decision quality, poor context, and escalation of disputes. Greater still, the lack of conversational cues increase susceptibility to negative moods and negative evaluations of the message. As such, it important for you to know your own emotions and emotional triggers.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Robertson, E. (2005). Placing leaders at the heart “see attachment”
Assignment – 3-4 paragraphs:
Cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
· Estimate approximately how many e-mails (personal, professional, academic) you have received so far this week. To which ones did you respond and why? It is better to discuss the ones you have received in a professional capacity, but if you are not employed, a review of personal and academic media will suffice.
· Estimate approximately how many e-mail messages you have originated this week.
· Select one e-mail exchange to discuss. An e-mail exchange means that an e-mail was sent, and there was at least one response or a series of responses between sender and receiver. Discuss the exchange to include the following analysis.
· Discuss whether e-mail was the best medium considering the purpose and your emotional state. What about the audience?
· If e-mail was the only option, what steps did you take to prepare an effective response?
· Evaluate the outcome of the communication; explain if and to what extent you achieved your purpose, or whether the initiator achieved his or her purpose.
· Given the opportunity for a re-do, discuss what you would do differently.
· No plagiarism
· APA citing