Discussion 3.1: Outline a Speech
Step 1 Post a response to the discussion board.
Respond to the following questions, and if it’s relevant, include your own personal experience:
- Identify two types of outline methods used in public speaking.
- Compare and contrast the purpose of each method by describing the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Which method would you prefer using, and why?
Step 2Read and respond to other students’ posts.
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to other comments you may have, address the following in your response posts:
- Find another student who selected a different method and explain whether or not you would use it.
- Which method do you think is least effective? Why?
Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate at least two other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.