DISCUSSIONS please follow the instructions and answer the questions from the point of view of a social worker.
DUE TOMORROW 02/09/22 AT 5:00 PM FLORIDA T
please follow the instructions and answer the questions from the point of view of a social worker.
DUE TOMORROW 02/09/22 AT 5:00 PM FLORIDA TIME
1) Watch the following film and answer the following questions:
The Day It Snowed in Miami
· watch the film and answer the following questions in 2 paragraphs:
How was Ruth Shack related to Ms. Bryant? How would you describe their relationship?
How did the Mariel Boatlift impact immigration for LGBT individuals?
Who was Pedro Zamora, and why does his story have a significant impact on Miami’s history? Did AIDS derail the focus on civil rights? How did AIDS impact the LGBT struggle?
–Was this a good idea? Should they have fought to include the “T” in the LGBT in the original ordinance? What did you learn about Miami and the LGBT community from this film? How can this be applied to your perspective? What do you think about social movements in light of this film?
2) Watch the following videos and answer the questions: just one paragraph minimum:
Richard Nixon spoke about the show, and he questioned why anyone would “glorify” homosexuality. He also has a conversation about homosexuality in general. Listen to these brief conversations to get an understanding of the era:
· What do you think of President Nixon’s comments? Do you think they represented the popular opinion of the time? Do you think people still feel this way? Do you think the TV played a role in allowing people to become more comfortable with homosexuality? What are your thoughts?
3) Watch the following videos and answer the questions: just one paragraph minimum:
· What do you think of the Social Security program? Does the government have a responsibility to provide this safety net? Do you think it is “socialism?” Does today’s Republican Party still view this as socialism?