Early Childhood Academic Write up
The purpose of this assignment is to further your understanding of attachment styles by applying the theory to your own development or by watching a documentary and applying the theory to the participants.
Respond to either Option A or Option B. Use the Rubric to guide your writing.
A) For this write up, you will be applying attachment theory to your own experiences.
The readings discuss four different types of attachment styles. Summarize all four styles in detail. Next, reflect on your social behavior as an adolescent and now in your adult relationships. How might your experiences express a specific attachment style learned as an infant? Provide specific examples and an explanation as to why you believe you have a certain attachment style, frequently referring to scholarly information from the textbook and other academic sources to show you can effectively and correctly apply the theory. If you are having difficulty identifying your attachment style, feel free to use these websites: Attachment Style 1 and Attachment Style 2.
B) For this article, watch the movie Babies (2010), which will require you to rent through Prime Video, Google Play, iTunes, Fandango, Vudu, or Youtube.
After watching the movie, answer the following questions in an write-up format: The readings discuss four different types of attachment styles. Summarize all four styles in detail.
- Why is it important to be aware of attachment during infancy and early childhood?
- What specific behaviors and interactions did you notice in the movie that might produce a secure attachment?
- What specific behaviors and interactions did you notice in the movie that might produce an insecure attachment?
- How might attachment style manifest differently in these four cultures?
Submit this assignment to the assignment folder.
Checklist for Maximum Points:
- Write up focuses primarily on theory and research, integrating both throughout
- Demonstrates strong, in-depth thought, insight and critical thinking of concepts and application from the module readings and other scholarly sources
- Uses a professional, academic writing style with no grammatical or spelling errors
- Write up is 1,200 or more words in length
- Uses three academic sources, two of which are from academic, peer-reviewed journals
- Uses correct APA in-text citations throughout and includes an APA reference page.
- Please see the write up Rubric for assessment criteria.
See the Schedule in the Syllabus Module for due dates. Review the Rubric attached to the Assignment Submission Folder for grading information.