Extending Hospitality Case Study
1. How did ODO operationalize the definition of an adult with a disability? What arguments could you make that the definition was too inclusive or too narrow?
2. Analyze the research design’s various components. Identify any potential problems and explain the ramifications of these design issues. Identify potential strengths of the design.
3. What is a hybrid (dual-modality) methodology? What are the pros and cons of the hybrid methodology used in this study?
4. Francie Turk had no prior experience with researching Americans with disabilities. Assume you have similar background; what would you have done in the exploratory phase of this project to become familiar with the frustrations and hurdles that adults with disabilities face when traveling? Compare your research process with what ODO did. What could ODO have gained from incorporating your methods?
5. Brainstorm lists of potential hotel, restaurant, and rental car accommodations to be evaluated for adults with disabilities and create your own paired-comparison question. During a phone interview, how quickly could you cover this question? What are the advantages and disadvantages to using this measurement scale in the phone survey in comparison to using it in the online survey?
6. What are the management, research, and investigative questions driving the next Adults with Disabilities: Travel and Hospitality Study?
No abstract is required for the Case Study Assignment nor are an introduction or conclusion; simply type the questions as an APA style heading and respond. Ensure the following are met:
· Must be supported with at least 4 scholarly (peer reviewed) research articles in your response.
· Must be at least 900 words (the word count does not include the question text, cover page, or reference page)
· Use proper grammar, current APA format and submit in MS Word format