Incident Command System
The US has undertaken great efforts to be prepared for the ‘next large-scale threat’ should and when it arises. That said, in order to understand our degree of preparedness we need to measure and assess response sufficiency. That can be challenging if not impossible to accurately measure emergency preparedness.
Review the following readings:
- The Ongoing Quest to Assess & Measure Preparedness; and
- Emergency Management – Measurements of Success
After having done so, examine and state your agreement with the authors’ positions that assessing preparedness is challenging.
- What is the nature of the preparedness assessment challenge?
- Have we made progress?
- What progress has been made?
- What continuing challenges remain in your opinion?
- How is, or how should, preparedness be measured in your jurisdiction?
Post must be 300 words or more APA style with references.