- The following information is listed for the configuration of a router:
MAC Address – 00:21:3D:AE:2C:A6
IP Address – 18.104.22.168
DHCP – DHCP Client
IP Subnet Mask – 255.255.240.0
Domain Name Server – 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
MAC Address – 00:21:3D:AE:2C:A5
IP Address – 192.168.1.1
DHCP – OFF
IP Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
- The two MAC addresses are different. What is a MAC address, and why are the two different even though this is a single router?
- The two IP addresses are different. What is an IP address, and why are the two different even though this is a single router?
- Since DHCP is disabled on the router, it is not assigning addresses on the LAN. If setting a static IP address for a device on the LAN, what range of addresses could be utilized?
- After choosing an unused address from the range given in question c for the IP address for a device on the LAN, what would the settings for the IP subnet mask and gateway? What is the explanation for the use of these settings?
- List two advantages and two disadvantages of using dynamic IP address assignments?
- List at least four services that are part of the Internet and briefly differentiate what each facilitates. Include the World Wide Web as one of your four services.
- You are asked by your manager give a brief report about the benefits of a global website. You list the following: at least two advantages of a globalized website. You list at least two of the issues involved with creating and maintaining a globalized website? You identify how a globalized website handles different currencies? You describe in some detail how a globalized website handles different languages.