IT Capstone Project Please find the attached IT Capstone Project assignments document for the homework information. Capstone Project Guide
Please find the attached IT Capstone Project assignments document for the homework information.
Capstone Project Guide
CITM-504: Computer Information Technology Management
This guide is designed to assist you in completing your degree capstone project. The document will provide guidance on developing the content of the project. You will use the Capstone Project Template to create your paper.
The purpose of a capstone is to assess your mastery of topics in the field of study that your degree confers. You will select a topic allows you the broadest and deepest coverage of knowledge and learning from your course work here at Indiana Wesleyan University. The topic should be focused on an area of the degree field and of interest to you. There are two parts to the capstone project. You will develop a project paper, along with a Powerpoint presentation.
The following are specifics for developing the paper:
· Length of the paper will be a minimum of 20 pages, not counting the cover page, abstract, table of contents, reference section, and any appendices. Do not count graphic images into the page count. The intent of the paper is to include 20 pages of narrative. Graphics and tables are encouraged, but not in lieu of narrative content.
· You will use the Capstone Project Template in developing and writing the content for the paper
· The project paper should include a minimum of 10 references from scholarly academic and industry sources.
· Double-spacing should be used, per APA 7th edition.
The following are the specifics for the Powerpoint presentation:
· Presentation that would be appropriate for senior management to understand your project.
· Provide an overview/introduction and appropriate level of detail of the problem, potential solutions that could be applied to the problem, and the most appropriate solution, based on your judgement and expertise as developed throughout your studies. The presentation needs to provide sufficient information that would allow management to make informed decisions related to approving and funding the project. The presentation is to be associated directly to the project paper you are researching and writing.
· A minimum presentation of 15 Powerpoint slides or a length necessary to adequately inform management.
The topic selection for the capstone should be given prior thought from the first day of class. Do not wait to formulate your topic and move forward. Consider what you will research and write about. Conduct preliminary research as soon as possible, then develop an outline, based on the Capstone Project Template.
The following is a basic project plan to follow for the capstone course:
· Week 1: Review the course requirements, determine what topic to pursue, begin research, and develop a preliminary outline. Submit a Topic Description as a discussion post.
· Week 2: Continue research and develop references (with annotations, also termed an Annotated Bibliography). Continue development and refinement of the outline. If possible, start writing sections that will become the content of the paper. Submit preliminary reference list with annotations.
· Week 3: Finalize the reference section and outline for the paper. Continue any further research and continue to develop and write content. Submit finalized reference list and project paper outline.
· Week 4: Finalize as much of the paper as possible. Develop an outline for the Powerpoint presentation. Submit Powerpoint presentation outline.
· Week 5: Incorporate any suggestions from others (in particular the instructor) regarding the content of the paper. Prepare the Powerpoint. Submit the Preliminary draft of the Powerpoint presentation. Submit a draft of the project paper.
· Week 6: Finalize writing and editing the project paper. Submit the paper. Complete and submit the Powerpoint presentation.
Deliverables (Week 6):
· Capstone Project Paper
· Powerpoint Presentation
Capstone Project Paper:
The capstone course is the culmination of your work during the degree program. You are demonstrating mastery of your knowledge and skills within your field of study. You should select a topic that covers the following:
· A problem within the scope of the degree program that has a practical problem that needs a solution.
· Has a practical solution that supports technology advancement in a business setting.
· Appropriate research that supports the topic and solution(s) being proposed.
· Demonstrates the widest and broadest coverage of the subjects presented and learned in course work taken as a part of your degree program.
For details on the paper, see the requirements set forth earlier for length and writing guidance.
The Powerpoint presentation should be considered an executive level summary presentation of the project paper. Imagine you are requested by senior management to present your project, the problem you are addressing, why it is important to resolve, and the solution you proposing to adopt in correcting the problem.
The slide presentation should include the following:
· Introduction to the problem
· Discussion of the issues surrounding the problem to be resolved (including some evidence from the literature related to the problem)
· Potential solutions
· Proposed solution and justification for selecting the appropriate solution
Your presentation, as well as your project paper, should demonstrate the breadth and depth of your education toward the degree. You are displaying your mastery of topics studied during your time in the IWU program.
Do not delay in developing the project, paper, and presentation. There are six weeks to prepare and submit the two deliverables, along with interim assignments. One of the demonstratable topics of your learning is your ability to organization, prioritize, and management a project. This is your opportunity to demonstrate that and much more!
· Implementation of an enterprise level software application solution (CRM, etc.)
· Security awareness program or cyber security related solution
· A major set of technology policy changes replacing a current set of policies in place within the organization
· Ecommerce solution or expansion of an Ecommerce solution into global markets
· Outsourcing solution
· Software development project
· Hardware refresh or other type of infrastructure update project