LIT101 week 2B
Did you ever have a job interview and dreaded some of those standard questions such as
- Tell me about a time you experienced a conflict and what was the result?
- Give me an example of an initiative you started.
- What are your career goals?
The following video discusses an interesting business perspective that links the idea of story structure to a business setting. In other words, you can use the idea of story structure to tell the story about YOU.. to future employers, prospective clients, shareholders, etc.
Review the following video:
Structure of a business story Structure of a story (Links to an external site.)
Tell a story about you using the elements of a business story discussed in the video: context, action, and result. You can use one of the following ideas or create your own (please remember not to share personal information or names about other people unless you feel comfortable sharing it in a public setting. You can make up a name if you would like):
- Example job interview question (list the question and provide your response)
- A problem you have (or in your community) and a potential solution.
- A new business venture you are thinking about
- A conflict you have at work.
- A career goal you have.
Respond to others
Respond to at least one other person and discuss the following:
- Do you feel they used all the elements of a business story effectively? Why or why not?
- What did you learn from the story that you can use when telling your own story?