Math omplete this Unit’s Problems Assignment. To complete the assignment, follow these instructions:
Open the attached Problems Word document by clickin
omplete this Unit’s Problems Assignment. To complete the assignment, follow these instructions:
- Open the attached Problems Word document by clicking on the link below.
- Provide answers to each of the questions by typing them into the Word document.
- You must show your work. You can accomplish this in different ways:
- You may type the steps you used to solve the problem directly on the Word document OR
- You may handwrite your work on a separate piece of paper and either
- take a photo with your phone and insert the image into your document OR
- scan your paper and insert or attach the image with your completed document
- When you are finished with your answers, save the Word document with the following filename format:
- To submit the assignment, click on the assignment name above to display the assignment submission area.
Unit 3 Problems
Application problems Involving System of Equations
Set up a linear system and solve for the following problems:
1. The sum of two integers is 41 and their difference is 5. Find the integers.
2. The sum of two integers is 74. The larger is 13 less than twice the smaller. Find the two integers.
3. A $5,000 principal is invested in two accounts, one earning 1% interest and another earning 6% interest. If the total interest for the year is $170, then how much is invested in each account?
4. A cash register contains $10 bills and $50 bills with a total value of $1080. If there are 28 bills total, then how many of each does the register contain?
5. Pens are sold in a local store for 80 cents each. The factory has $1200 in fixed costs plus 5 cents of additional expense for each pen made. Assuming all pens manufactured can be sold, find the break-even point.