Practicum 5 2. The Unit 3 Practicum Assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded using the designated rubric. Grading criteria include quality of con
Practicum 5 2. The Unit 3 Practicum Assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded using the designated rubric. Grading criteria include quality of content, appropriate citations, use of Standard English grammar, and overall organization and readability.
3. Create your assignment using a Microsoft Word application. The document should be saved in a .doc or .docx format.
4. The paper should be 3 to 5 pages in length excluding title page and reference pages and appendix. Content should be rich and concise.
5. APA format is required.
6. The following sections should be included and denoted through APA section headings in the paper:
a. Rapid cycle improvement plan
i. Introduction to problem of interest (Plan)
iii. Action Program
b. Appendix A: Interview transcript and CV
Preparing the paper:
1. Examine the following website and appraise the principles that might be applied to your practice site. https://www.healthit.gov/faq/how-do-i-use-rapid-cycle-improvement-strategy (Links to an external site.)
2. Meet with a stakeholder that works information technology in your practice site. Discuss current issues and possible needs in the department. Choose one problem to focus in on. Work together with the stakeholder to formulate ideas for a rapid-cycle improvement plan.
3. Do a brief literature search; review at least 5-7 articles to determine the best approaches to the problem. Review best practices as stated in the literature surrounding the problem.
4. Create a rapid cycle improvement plan using the website provided as a guide and the grading rubric.
5. Submit this to plan to the stakeholder for consideration.
6. Submit a transcript of your interview with the leader as an appendix.
Unit 3: Practicum Rapid-Cycle Assignment Rubric
The issue is introduced including significance to nursing leadership and the host organization. Pertinent background information or scholarly evidence is presented to support the intervention proposal. Current situation is fully explored including how this might relate to the vision/mission of the organization.
Identifies clearly at least 3 objectives of the proposed intervention. The objectives proposal is measurable and realistic and directly relates to an information technology issue affecting an element of patient care, health care organizations, or research. The proposed intervention plan will directly meet the objectives listed within the timeframe specified.
Describe a plan for a short study. Timeframe, number of subjects, financial implications, and intervention methodology discussed. Discussion includes specific strategies to meet objectives listed. Includes current organizational culture issues to be addressed, what internal or external resources currently exist that could be utilized; potential internal/external resource acquisition may be required to accomplish the objectives, and strategies for utilizing these resources appropriately.
An analysis plan to evaluate the results of your brief intervention is presented. Include specific outcome measures that will be examined. How will you determine if your objective was met? Include a discussion of appropriate statistical analysis or research studies that should be utilized in this determination. Provide a brief summary of any financial implications involved in this phase. Discuss specific stakeholders that should be involved in the action plan, who will contact them and how, as well as timelines for this. Action plan will result in meeting objectives.
Describe how you would use your results to make a decision to incorporate change or not. How would literature review, stakeholders, finances, and organizational culture play a role in this decision? Discuss specific stakeholders that should be involved in the action plan, who will contact them and how, as well as timelines for this. Action plan will result in meeting objectives. A brief summary of financial implication is provided. Includes specific information pertaining to intervention, evaluation, and analysis phase relating to the host organization. All resources (including technology, stakeholders, consultants, etc) used in the action plan are addressed in this section with consideration to finances.
Writing is relevant to the topic and is presented logically and clearly using standard English language. Direct course applications and synthesis of scholarly information is easily discernable. Word choice is correct, precise and unambiguous. Sentence structure is clear, concise and well- constructed. No grammatical or typographical errors.