Reading: Chapter 1
Read Chapter 1: Look at Data of the book Data Visualization: A Practical Introduction by Kieran Healy
Select two of the following questions about the topics of this chapter and then discuss the selected topics in 4 – 6 sentences each:
- Why do we look at data?
- What makes a bad figure bad?
- Why does perception matter for designing data visuals?
- What are the visual tasks for decoding data visualizations?
- What channels are recommended for displaying data?
- What problems can arise for data visualizations related to honesty and judgment?
- Why are Gestalt principles relevant to data visualizations?